Pre K applications open 2/5. Don't forget to apply. Open through March 30th.
Come Tour P.S. 770:
3/20: 5:30 PM (Pre K)
4/9: 10:00 AM (all grades)
4/24: 5:30 PM (all grades)
5/7: 10:00 AM (all grades)
5/21: 5:30 PM (all grades)
6/5: 10:00 AM (all grades)
6/13: 5:30 PM (all grades)
Message from Ms. Saratovsky
March is certainly coming in like a lion, I just hope it goes out like a lamb!
A few upcoming reminders/information:
1. Thanks to those parents who attended the mid-year check in. Your feedback was so valuable. A survey was just shared with all of you in case you could not attend. We want your feedback too. Please fill out the survey by Friday. We will be working on responses and getting those back out to you in the next couple of weeks.
2. Our bookfair is on! Classes will be signing up to go and will let you know, but students can shop any day if they bring in money. The bookfair will also be open during parent/teacher conferences so stop by and support Greenlight Bookstore and PS 770. The book selection is AMAZING!
3. Our 4th and 5th graders have organized a school walkout tomorrow from 10:00 AM-10:17 AM. ONLY students who returned the permission slip to show parental consent will participate. Students are encouraged to wear orange. Staff and teachers will be present to supervise the walkers. Staff and teachers will also remain in the classrooms, business as usual, for the students not participating. Parents are welcome to join.
4. Thursday, March 15th, is parent/teacher conferences. It is a half day, 11:30 AM dismissal. There is busing. There is NO Trailblazers. Conferences are 1:00 PM-3:05 PM (last appointment is 2:55 PM), and 5:00 PM-7:30 PM (last appointment is 7:20 PM). Please be on time. If you do not have an appointment or are late, you will be asked to wait for a teacher to become available.
5. Friday, March 16th--Wear Green!
Parent Forum 8:45-10:00 AM--we will be discussing an article called, "The Boys Are Not Alright"
6. Thanks to the family of Milo Block for donating a tank and supplies for our turtle. Thanks to Robin Basalla who also contributed towards food and supplies.
7. Thursday, March 22nd is reading day! Students can dress as a book character that goes along with their class theme. Please reach out to your child's teacher for more information.
8. Thursday, March 22nd, Pre K Town Hall Performance--8:45 AM-9:15 AM outside the cafeteria.
9. A lot of toys are still coming to school. Please make sure this does not continue.
10. Last but SOOOOOO IMPORTANT--please fill out your green envelope survey. We need 100% parent participation. Show off the amazing school that we have! :-) This document helps with student recruitment so the more parents who fill it out positively, the better it is for the whole PS 770 community!
See you on Thursday!
According to Chancellor's Regulations, Children benefit from vigorous exercise and should be given the opportunity to play outside whenever possible. Unless it is snowing, or there is ice on the playground, or the wind-chill factor is below zero degrees Fahrenheit (-18 degrees Celsius), temperature alone should not preclude outdoor play. Please ensure that your child comes dressed appropriately with hats and gloves. ONLY students will approved doctor notes will not go out. I will look at the temperature around 12:00 PM to make the decision each day.
March 2nd-Parent Forum 8:45-10:00 AM
March 3rd-Saturday Academy-8:30-10:30, Grades 3-5
March 9th-Mid-year check in with your Master Teacher-8:45 AM-10:30 AM
March 10th-Saturday Academy-8:30-10:30, Grades 3-5
March 15th-Parent/Teacher Conferences
11:30 AM dismissal
March 16th-WEAR GREEN!
Parent Forum 8:45-10:00 AM
March 21st-SLT 5:00 PM
March 22nd-Reading Day
March 22nd-Pre K Town Hall performance 8:45 AM
March 22nd-Middle School Fair
March 23rd- Parent Forum 8:45-10:00 AM
Grades 1 and 2 to Flight School
March Birthday Celebration 12:25/12:55 PM
March 24th-Saturday Academy-8:30-10:30, Grades 3-5
March 26th-1st Grade Reflection
Pre K trip to Puppetworks
March 27th-last day for Circus Arts/Mask Making
March 28th-1st Grade to aqaurium
3rd Grade reflection
March 30th-April 6th-No School
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.